Christopher T. Bowen
Chris is a partner in KKC's Litigation Department and represents individuals and companies in a wide array of business and consumer disputes in a broad range of fields and industries at both the trial and appellate level in state and federal court. He also represents claimants and respondents in state administrative and private arbitration forums.
Chris's practice is general litigation focused in the following areas: Commercial Foreclosures, Replevins, Collections and Evictions, Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights, Employment Litigation, Construction Litigation, Real Estate and Boundary Line Litigation, Probate Litigation, Personal Injury, and Insurance Disputes. He has represented clients in a variety of different contract and tort based claims.
Chris has tried multiple cases to judgment, has jury trial experience, and has conducted multiple evidentiary hearings seeking interlocutory relief.
Prior to joining Kahan, Kerensky and Capossela, Chris worked at the Connecticut General Assembly drafting, negotiating, and lobbying leadership's legislative priorities.
He and his wife Alexandra spend their free time skiing, mountain biking, and on the beach in Narragansett, Rhode Island.
- Wage and Hour, Wrongful Termination, Unemployment Compensation, Discrimination and Non-Compete Disputes
- Construction Disputes, some involving mechanic's lien foreclosures and bond claims
- Boundary line, Adverse Possession, and Easement Disputes
- Mortgage Foreclosures, Personal Property Replevins, and Evictions
- Representation of Creditors in Bankruptcy Court
- Contested Probate Matters
- Personal Injury
- Claims Against Securities Broker-Dealers for Breach of Contract or Standard of Care
- Defense of Federal Civil Forfeiture Claim
Examples of Industries and Sectors Represented:
- Institutional Banks and Boutique Lenders
- Physician Practices
- Automotive Dealerships and Repair
- Executive Search and Temporary Staffing Firms
- Private Airline Catering
- Airline Maintenance, Servicing, and Support
- Manufacturing Operation Focusing on Aerospace and Medical Sectors
- Lobbying and Governmental Affairs Firms
- Residential and Commercial Construction - General Contractors, Subcontractors, and Owners
- Developer of Robotic Systems for Automated Manufacturing
- Commercial Property Owners and Property Management Companies
- Farming and Agricultural Interests
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Villanova University (B.A. in Political Science, 2002, Minor: Economics)
- Member of Connecticut Bar Association House of Delegates
- Executive Committee Member of the Bankruptcy and Commercial Litigation Section of the Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association - Election Committee, 2018-2019
- Tolland County Bar Association - former President
- Greater Hartford Transit District - former Director
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Bankruptcy and Creditor's Rights
- Business litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Contested Probate Matters
- Employment Litigation
- Collections and Evictions
- Litigation & Appeals
- Personal Injury & General Litigation
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Connecticut in 2016, 2017, and 2018. Click here to review the selection criterion.