Matthew E. Willis
"Matt was my lawyer in a recent personal injury action. Matt is excellent in many ways. His grasp of the law. His willingness to research areas in which he knows 99% but wants to know 100%. His creativity--he thought of a new action which resulted in a better outcome than the original action. His communication skills. His profound concern for the well being (broadly defined) of his client. Last but not least, Matt is a great guy."
"I went to Mr. Willis with 2 charges pending against me. I got a job promotion and I had exactly 1 month to reapply. Because of the pandemic I wasn’t able to get to court for almost a year to get these 2 cases cleared up. Mr. Willis got both cases dropped in a matter of 2 weeks and I GOT THE JOB! He is an excellent lawyer and I highly recommend him. He stayed in contact with me to let me know what was going on with the case and the progress of the case. Overall he was very professional and nice."
In private practice since 2001, Matt focuses on Personal Injury, Criminal Law, and Motor Vehicle Misdemeanors and Infractions. Matt’s desire to become a lawyer was cemented at age 13 during his first job: raking leaves and doing other chores for an attorney and probate court judge on Candlewood Lake, who challenged him to decide hypothetical cases. Matt’s passion for fairness and constitutional rights led him to focus on litigation. In reviews, clients most appreciate his listening skills, honesty, and clear communication. He balances out the intensity of litigation with fishing, motorcycling, and spending time outdoors.Read more of Matt's reviews.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., 2000, Recipient of CALI Achievement awards in the Study of Federal Courts and Military Law)
- Roger Williams University (B.S. in Administration of Justice, 1996)
- Connecticut Bar Association, Litigation and Criminal Law Sections
- “Connecticut Council of Bar Presidents” 2016-2017
- Tolland County Bar Association - President 2016-2017
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Judicial District of Tolland Security Committee - former Member
- Appointed to the Standing Committee on Recommendations for Admissions to the Bar of Tolland County, 2015-present
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Manchester Bar Association
- Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce - Member
- American Association for Justice
- Criminal Law
- Motor Vehicle
- Personal Injury
- Connecticut, 2001
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 2002
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell