Wendy has 25 years of in-house and law firm experience, providing legal services to a diverse client base. She works across industries and manages all types of matters, including business formation, mergers and acquisitions, complex contract drafting and negotiations, partnership disputes, procurement and supply chain matters, insurance and alternative risk management, and risk analysis and mitigation. She partners with small and medium-sized businesses, many of which are owned by minorities, women, and veterans, as well as family-owned businesses, physicians and healthcare providers, non-profits, and individuals to navigate the challenging landscape of legal issues impacting business and everyday life. Wendy was appointed by Governor M. Jodi Rell to the State Contracting Standards Board, where she and fellow Board Members were tasked with overhauling the contracting process for the state of Connecticut. Wendy is a frequent speaker on a range of topics, including contract negotiations and issues impacting the interior design industry.
Wendy holds a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and Minors in Communications and International Studies from Boston College. She speaks Spanish. She received her law degree from Pace University School of Law in New York. After graduation and while working full time, Wendy earned an LL.M. in Environmental Law from Pace University School of Law and an LL.M. in Insurance Law from University of Connecticut School of Law.
Wendy is deeply engaged in her community as a PTO President, a youth sports coach, and a volunteer with the Estela Wilderness Education Fund, which provides financial support for camperships, program development, and trail maintenance at the Environmental Learning Centers of Connecticut. She is an adjunct professor at the University of Phoenix. A native of Bristol, Connecticut, Wendy is the daughter of a Spanish Filipino immigrant and a first-generation Polish American mother. She was the first woman on both sides of her family to graduate from college. Wendy resides in West Hartfordwith her two daughters, Caroline and Victoria, and two King Charles Cavalier Spaniels, Bella and Dash.
- University of Connecticut School of Law (Insurance LL.M. 2021)
- Pace University School of Law (Environmental LL.M. 2004)
- Pace University School of Law (J.D. 2000)
- Boston College (B.A. 1997)
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Business of Home Expert
- Small Business, Start Ups & Entrepreneurs
- Contract Review, Negotiations & Disputes
- Outside General Counsel Services
- Risk Management
- Compliance & Training
- Commercial Real Estate
- Interior Design
- Construction & Supply Chain
- EPC Contracting
- Connecticut, 2000
- New York, 2001
- Utah, 2023
- Junior League of Hartford
- PTO President
- Youth Soccer Coach
- Estela Wilderness Education volunteer
- Local Historic District Study Committee - Federal Hill, Bristol, CT - past Chair
- Business of Home, March 2023
- American Bar Association 2x4x10 Winter 2018, "Managing Contractor's Professional Liability Risk Through Insurance"
- American Bar Association 2x4x10 Summer 2018, "Dead Men May Tell No Tales, But Lost Shipments Will Haunt You"
- Law360.com October 23, 2015, "Why In-House Counsel Should Care About Business Insurance"
- University of Phoenix, Adjunct Professor, Organizational Negotiations
- "Negotiation Tactics for Interior Designers: How to Access Your Authentic Style, Navigate Conflict and Know When to Walk Away" (Business of Home "Launch" series)
- "Contract Negotiations for Radiologists"
- "Using Your Design Contract to Strengthen Client Relationships" (Business of Home "Launch" series and on Visualist)
- "CARES Act Programs to Help You Through This Crisis" (CBA webinar)
- "Legal.Ease" (High Point Market panel discussion)
- Hartford Business Journal 40 Under 40 (2006)