Brandon B. Fontaine
Attorney Brandon B. Fontaine is an experienced advocate for his clients in the areas of family law, appellate law, personal injury, and civil litigation. Brandon is admitted to practice in Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts, as well as before the United States Supreme Court. He has been in practice for over eight years.
Brandon’s goal is to provide each of his clients with personalized attention, working with them to achieve the best possible outcome for their legal matter. To do this, he provides consistent communication and thoroughly explains every step of the process and all available options, leading clients to intelligent, practical results, whether through settlement or litigation.
Brandon’s most notable cases have come through hisappellate work. He has handled numerous appellate matters before the Connecticut Supreme and Appellate Courts, particularly focused on the areas of family law and civil litigation. Brandon’s expertise is well-suited to complex issues in appeals requiring intensive legal research and writing. As a result, he has achieved many successful outcomes for his clients in the appellate courts, including prominent cases that have influenced the law in our state.
Brandon also represents clients on a variety of family matters, including all aspects of divorce and custody actions, such as property division, child support, alimony, visitation, relocation, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, violation of court orders, and post-judgment issues and modifications. The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys just named him a 2021 Top 10 Family Law Attorney Under 40 In Connecticut. Brandon also handles a wide range of civil litigation as well, from contract disputes and debt collections to personal injury claims like motor vehicle accidents and slip and falls, among other civil matters.
Attorney Fontaine earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Roger Williams University School of Law, where he was selected to serve as an Articles Editor for the Roger Williams University Law Review. Prior to working in private practice, he served in the Office of Legal Research for the Connecticut Judicial Branch, where he was a legal research clerk conducting research and writing and advising judges of the Superior Court.
Brandon is the co-author of “Criminal Consequences of Sending False Information on Social Media,” which appeared in the Rhode Island Bar Journal, and a contributor to the fourth and fifth editions of Rhode Island Criminal Defense: A Practice Manual. He is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association and Hartford County Bar Association, and a lifelong resident of Connecticut.
"Attorney Fontaine far exceeded my expectations. He was professional, kind, generous, and compassionate towards my concerns. I would highly recommend him to those seeking legal assistance."
"Brandon Fontaine worked with me on a slip and fall accident that caused me almost two years of recovery and medical expenses. He was an excellent communicator, honest and relatable. Brandon saw that I was taken care of and he didn't stop working until I was fairly compensated. I highly reccomend Brandon Fontaine to anyone seeking legal help."
- Roger Williams University, School of Law (J.D., 2012, Honors: cum laude)
- University of New Haven (B.S. in Criminal Justice, 2009, Honors: magna cum laude)
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
- Hartford County Bar Association - Member
- Roger Williams University Law Review Articles Editor, 2010-2012
- Appellate Law
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Connecticut, 2013
- New York, 2015
- Massachusetts, 2012
- US Supreme Court
- Rhode Island Criminal Defense Manual, 4th and 5th editions - Contributor
- Rhode Island Bar Journal, "Criminal Consequences of Sending False Information on Social Media" (2012)
- Roger Williams University Law Review, Case Survey of State v. Gonzalez (2011)
- 2021 Top 10 Attorney Under 40, National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys
- Excellence for the Future Award, in Immigration Law, 2011
- Excellence for the Future Award, in Civil Procedure, 2010
- Excellence for the Future Award, in Criminal Litigation, 2010
- Excellence for the Future Award, in Tort Law, 2010